Friday, August 10, 2007

I am at the beginning of a very exciting and scary time. My husband and I are starting our IVF cycle in about 2 and 1/2 weeks. We had our first appointment on August 1st and our first set of labs (blood work) done this past Wednesday on August 8th.

I have 3 sons that are (16, 12 and 9) from my first marriage. I have been married over 3 years this time around. My husband has no children of his own. We have decided that we want to have one of our own. I had my a tubal ligation after the delivery of my last child. I also had gastric bypass surgery July of 2006. So, there are a few complications in our journey.

After doing our own research and asking professionals for their opionions. We decided to go with IVF. We start with my next menstrual cycle....which is due at the end of this month.
Our next step...my husband has to give a semen sample next Wednesday on August 15th. They are checking to make sure that they are the right shape, amount and motility. Then...we wait for my period.

I might be a little graphic or technical with my writings....it comes from being a former paramedic and current nurse. I can't help it.

All I can do at night...is toss and turn as I try to fall asleep...worrying about how much weight will I gain, what if it doesn't work and we spend all of this money (our insurance isn't covering it because of my elective tubal ligation), will it hurt, will I turn in a hormonal monster!

Well, until next time...I am off to try and get some sleep...again.

No comments: