Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sperm testing day

Well, the day came and we did what we needed to do. It was all rather technical...so much so that I felt a little sad about it. We were uncomfortable in using the fertility clinic's special room...so we worked on the specimen at home and had an hour to deliver it.

They verified that we have done everything that can be done as far as pre-testing. Now, we just wait for my period to come (which is due at the end of the month). At that point I call and schedule my "period" day 3 appointment. At that appointment I will have my first ultrasound done, FSH blood level checked and get my prescriptions to start the birth control pills on day 5. I think that I am keeping this all straight. Too many acronyms and dates!

It seems strange to start birth control pills (BCP) when I am trying to get pregnant. This will stop everything and allow the doctor to take control of my cycle. I have a lot of anxieties about using BCP's. I don't want to gain weight, break out or lose hair from them. I keep reminding myself that I will only be on them for a few short weeks. I have been persistent with my work outs. I have also been pretty good about drinking my protein shakes. I did experience some hair loss after having gastric bypass surgery and quickly realized that if I stuck to my protein regiment...my hair would be normal.

This will be another concern do deal with. I mix my protein powder in a 20 ounce bottle of water and add a packet of crystal light for flavoring. I drink 3 of these a day. I haven't tolerated any other forms. However, splenda isn't recommended during pregnancy. I will have to figure something else out. I know that Unjury...which is the maker of my protein powder...sells chocolate flavored protein powder. I am thinking of trying that out in a glass of milk. I will clearly need the milk, calories and protein. Hopefully I can tolerate it. All this in the name of not going bald or being malnourished.

1 comment:

Molli said...

Try Steevia Power instead of Splenda. Only found in health food stores. I use it in my coffee.