Friday, June 20, 2008

Ectopic???

My doctor called today with the lab results from the visit that I had in his office yesterday. My HCG level went from 504 to 1700. I wanted to be happy...However, it means that when he did a sonogram in his office yesterday and saw no sac....there should have been a sac. He wanted me to come in to his office today and do the methotrexate shot to terminate this pregnancy which is being diagnosed as ectopic.

I really couldn't bring myself to do that. I agreed to come to the office on Monday morning for one last sonogram. If there is no sac in the uterus at that time....I will do the shot. That will be the hardest thing that I have ever done.

I have read so much information and there is some out there that says...sometimes you can't see a sac until your HCG is at 2000. I am going to hope and pray that is the case this time. By Monday my HCG level should be at about 3500. My doctor feels concerned that I will rupture my tube this weekend. I had to remind him that I am an ER nurse and I will actually be working in the ER Sunday....if anything goes wrong, I know what to be aware of and I will be treated right away. He has already discussed my case with the on call doctor for this weekend...she has my name and number.

So, tonight I will go out to the dinner cruise that my husband and I booked when we found out that I was pregnant and I will feel blessed that I am pregnant for the moment.

3 comments:

JW Moxie said...

I am so sorry that you are faced with this, Lorena. I hope and pray that on Monday, the u/s reveals a sac placed just where it should be in the uterus.

I hope that you are able to enjoy your dinner cruise tonight with your husband.

NJJ said...

Hi, there. I'm so sorry things aren't going as you'd hoped.

I just wanted to thank you for blogging. I had an RNY in July 2006 and have been TTC#1 since January 2007 (yes, I know that's not technically enough time, but the female surgeon in my surgeon's practice told me "just wait 6 months" and gave me a wink). We just had our first IUI with injectables, after 6 failed Clomid cycles, and I got a BFP Tuesday, but immediately started bleeding. Wednesday's beta was 7.6 and Friday's was 8.9, so it's not looking good at all. :(

Needless to say, I'll be reading your blog intently. FX for a sticky bean in the right place!

seattlegal said...

I am so sorry.