Monday, June 23, 2008

Ruptured Ectopic

Well, I never made it to my appointment today. I ectopic pregnancy ruptured while I was working in the ER. I was in the middle of assisting with popping a dislocated shoulder back into place when I suddenly got soaked with sweat and felt like I was going to pass out. I kept hoping the shoulder would pop back in because I didn't think I would be able to stand up for much longer. I left the room, went to sit down, began fanning myself and started to feel pressure in my entire pelvic area. I also felt a lot of pressure over my bowels. After a few minutes it passed but I began having a dull ache with increasing pressure in my pelvic region.

I talked to a doctor in the ER and he asked me to check in right away. I gave my patients to another nurse and checked in. They did repeat HCG levels that showed my level dropped from 1700 to 1400 and the repeat sonogram showed no sac in the uterus but a visible mass on my tube. So, within an hour I was in the OR. My left tube was removed and I had infact ruptured the tube with my ectopic pregnancy.

My left tube is my shorter tube that measured 3.5 cm and had some mild scar tissue. My right tube is 4 cm and had no visible scar tissue...this is after my tubal ligation reversal. So, I am glad that my better tube is still intact. The doctor that did the surgery recommended not TTC for 3 months and having an HSG prior to TTC again.

I was discharged from the hospital this evening. I am pretty sore...the surgery was done laporscopically (that might be spelled wrong). Emotionally I feel pretty down. I am really feeling the loss of my baby. The nurse assigned to me was pregnant and looked like she was due to deliver any day now. That upset me. I kept seeing commercials for the Clear Blue digital pregnancy tests! It's heart breaking to be pregnant one moment and then not be pregnant the next.....just like that. At time I feel angry that others can have healthy pregnancies and I can't...then I feel overwhelmed with sadness that I lost my baby and fear hits me that I won't get pregnant again. I am terrified of going through this again. This was horrible!

1 comment:

Kei-Kei said...

OMG your story sounds just like mines. Can you contact me I have just went thru an ectopic surgery due to a ectopic rupture on Tuesday April 28th. You can email me at jamicajai@gmail.com