Monday, December 17, 2007

4dp3dt/No embies to freeze

I found out today that the remaining embryos did not make it to blasts.

I felt torn with sadness and fear of the underlying relief that was there. If I am pregnant with this cycle....I really wouldn't have wanted any left over. To have frozen embryos would have added another $1,800 for us to come up with (during Christmas) which would have stressed us. Also, it would have left us with two options. Option 1: donate them to another couple or Option 2: dicard them. My husband and I could never discard and embryo...so it left us stuck with donating them and that would have haunted me. I would have wondered forever...what that child looked like and was he/she like myself or my husband, would they long for me. I guess we could have paid to keep them frozen forever.

The flip side is....if this cycle doesn't work...I am all out of tries.

2 comments:

seattlegal said...

We didn't have any embies to freeze either. I worried about that as we would have done a FET if necessary and how could we if there were no frozen embies?

Oh and regarding your other post. I swear they don't understand that every bladder is different and that much water is just too much for mine. They let me pee a little, then I had to come back before the transfer b/c I did indeed have too much in my bladder. And then when it was done, I immediately went pee, came back and laid down for 30 minutes. I worried that I wouldn't get pregnant because of it.

I guess with all of this - you will always second guess yourself, but hopefully, like with me, things will work out in the end and you'll get a BFP!

babymajic said...

I have not been on blogland since Nov. Just wanted to say sorry to find out IVF #1 did not take for you. My Nov cycle failed also. Good Luck during this 2ww, so are you going to POAS again? I will start BC for my #2 cycle the 1st week of Jan, I figure I will be transferring the week of Valentines. Much Baby Dust!