Saturday, December 29, 2007

Conclusion to IVF cycle #2

I received my beta results yesterday....and they were in fact a negative. I fully expected that. I began to POAS early on with all negative results. I still don't regret doing that because it allowed me to grieve prior to getting that phone call with the negative beta results. Even so....it was pretty painful. I had to leave work because I just couldn't stop crying.

I really felt that if anyone touched me...I would totally lose control with the crying. On the flip side...I felt that if anyone said "well, at least you already have kids" I would have punched them. So, it was definately better for me to leave work and spend sometime with just myself.

My insurance didn't cover any of the IVF...it was all an out of pocket expense for us. I wish that we could try again but we just can't take out another loan. Therefore, we have decided to go ahead an go for a tubal reversal. We will be doing some research on it and then making an appointment with more than one doctor and getting some more information. After that...we will make our final decision about going ahead with it or letting go of this dream.

Our insurance will completely cover the reversal and if after two years of trying I don't get pregnant...then they will cover IVF.

1 comment:

seattlegal said...

I am so sorry that the beta was negative.