Friday, December 14, 2007

Transfer

My transfer went much more smoothly than last time. I had my transfer yesterday at 6pm.

Last time I was asked to drink 2 (16 ounce ) bottles of water on the way to my transfer. When you get there you have to wait 30 minutes before you start the transfer. By the time they started last time....I was crying in pain from my bladder being ready to burst! The transfer was more painful than any shot or cramping that I had through out the process. They also ask that you lay there for a while after the transfer...I bolted up and ran (butt hanging out and all) to the bathroom and then cried because I felt like I ruined my procedure.

This time....I drank one bottle of water on the way there. I strongly suspect that because of the gastric bypass...water dumps into my bladder quicker and therefore I can't tolerate holding it as much. I also relieved myself briefly (they asked me to count to 10 and stop the stream) prior to the transfer. It still hurt and the sonogram person told me that I my bladder was completely full but it was tolerable. I had to take my mind far away and still wanted to cry. I also asked the doctor to catherize me right afterwards.

Unfortunately, I found out AFTER my last experience...that they could catherize you right after the procedure. This time, I asked right away and he did. I felt instant relief and was able to lay there afterwards and bask in my thoughts of possibly being pregnant.

I am headed to a Christmas dinner for work tonight. My doctor said that it would be ok as long as I stayed in bed today, sat at dinner the whole time and came back to bed. They ask that you do 24 hours of bedrest and then 3 days of light activity. I have to say...I am already feeling guilty about going to dinner.

Sorry...if there are typos.....I am in a rush.

1 comment:

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Hey don't sweat the bedrest or light activity days... I did that my first cycle, and it was a bust... Just hang in there, and take it easy... Glad that it went well for you though!!!