Thursday, December 6, 2007

IVF #2/ Stim check 3-6

Stim check 3 : my estrogen was greater than 800 and my follicles were measuring between 10-12mm. There were some still under 10. I am returning everyday now for monitoring. This where it kind of becomes a pain in the butt and you begin to want it over.

Stim check 4: Their computers were down and I was unable to get any information. The nurse called me with my dosing information which was decreased to menopur 112 and gonal f at 300 due to my estrogen level rising. There was concern because my estrogen level was rising quickly but my follicles weren't catching up.

Stim check 5: My estrogen level was at 1,222 today. These are my follicle measurements - 1 at 17mm, 1 at 16.8mm, 1 at 15.8mm, 1 at 15mm, 1 at 14mm....Then I have the "iffy" group - 3 at 12mm.....and the "probably won't make it group" - 1 at less than 10mm and 2 at 10mm.

My dosing was increased to 300 of menopur and 3o0 of gonal f. I started the ganirelix yesterday and will take it every night until I trigger.

I was told that I will have one or two more days of stimulation (counting today)...then trigger day. So, it looks like these eggs are coming out Sunday or Monday. There is not a good chance that the 3 smaller follicles will be mature. The "iffy" group might have a chance at being mature. The first group is looking pretty good. This, again puts me at a lower egg count....so, I am feeling some disappointment set in. However, I do realize that it only takes one good one.

The clinic that I go to uses this as a rule for egg retrieval....3 follicles measuring 18mm and appropriate estrogen level (100-200 per follicle). Follicles grow one to two mm per day. Mature follicles measure between 16-22mm. They are using ICSI and assisted egg hatching this time. This will increase my chances at getting pregnant, giving me the most opportunities.

I must say...I am still not feeling much of anything. During the last IVF cycle....at this point I felt a lot of bloating and pressure. I feel more emotional but that could be the effects of two cycles back to back. My thighs are pretty sore and have several bruises. I prefer my thighs for these subcutaneous injections.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Good luck!! Hopefully the smaller follicles catch up quickly and you get loads of eggs! Just saw your link on LJ's blogroll- noticed you're one town over from me.

sasha said...

here i want to say very nice and inforamtive site.
i love to share about tubal reversalis a surgical procedure that restores fertility to women after a tubal ligation. By rejoining the separated segments of fallopian tube, tubal reversal gives women the chance to become pregnant again naturally