Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tomorrow is my transfer...

Well, it looks like it will be a 3 day transfer for me again. I tried not to be as disappointed but it is building up again....the disappointment.

The nurse mentioned that the doctor wants to put back 3 embryos. I am not sure how to feel about that. I really want to do every possible thing to increase my odds but I don't think that I could handle triplets. Financially it would be a huge drain and of coarse I can't deny my fears of the health risks that exist with premature babies. I could handle twins but triplets is pushing it. Then, I feel guilty because I wouldn't just happily accept whatever God gives me. Starting out with debt from IVF is causing me stress about the finances that come with a baby.

Tomorrow I am supposed to talk to the doctor in the morning about how many embryos to put back in. I am afraid that it won't work at all and it depresses me and then I think what if all three took and then I feel overwhelmed. I am sure that the hormones are having a part in my emotions.

As of this morning....I still had 5 embryos. Two were at 4 cells, two were at 2 cells and one was at 5 cell. From my understanding...the uneven cell count ones aren't preferred and the ones that are at 2 cells....clearly aren't thriving. The perfect thing would be to have 8 cell embryos on a 3 day transfer.

So, tomorrow at 5:30am I have to be there for a 6pm transfer.

1 comment:

seattlegal said...

I understand what you mean. You want to have children, but having more than 1 can be hard. When I first heard we were having twins, I was excited to have 2 children at the same time as this would probably be the only time I got pregnant, but also nervous as I knew there was a chance for premature birth and I wasn't sure how we were going to handle it financially.